Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What is a good astringent or toner for oily skin?

I have oily/combination skin (mostly oily). I would prefer one that is gentle but effective.What is a good astringent or toner for oily skin?
Witch Hazel.


Simple, natural, and works great.What is a good astringent or toner for oily skin?
I did start back using witch hazel. To balance out the drying effect of the 14% alcohol in it, I follow it with a thin layer of lotion on my face.


Thanks! Report Abuse

Clinque's astringent really zaps the oil. I also like Sea Breeze, you can buy it at any drug store and it's cheap and smells pretty good. The best thing for me is to Proactiv's 3 step plan. It's expensive but worth it.
Witch Hazel is a great natural astringent. You can purchase it at your local pharmacy.
I'm using proactive and I like it, but for a less expensive alternative i used to use witch hazel- its great- almost every toner has witch hazel in it, it a main ingredient. When I stop using proactive I'll return to useing witch hazel....

No comments:

Post a Comment