Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is it necessary to use a toner after cleansing?

Is it necessary to use a facial toner after cleansing to remove excess makeup, dirt etc?


Most toners contain alcohol..doesn't that dry out the skin?Is it necessary to use a toner after cleansing?
All toner is used for is to close the pores after cleansing. You can use cold water to do this and many make up artists that i have talked to dont really recommend toner, just exfoliate and mositurise and use cold water in between!





xIs it necessary to use a toner after cleansing?
Use Ayur or Himalaya toner, which is herbal and won't dry your skin.It is good if you apply toner after your cleansing routine.Because cleanser opens your pores.Toner closes your pores.Open pores attract the dirt.
unless you have REALLY oily skin yo don't really need it, i used to use it but it dried my skin waaay too much. make up washes off with the cleanser, that what it's for. see if you need it.
If you're going to use a toner, choose one w/out any alcohol. If you google it, you can find recipes for making a toner that's right for your skin with natural ingredients. I think witch hazel is supposed to be great for acne prone skin, and rose water is moisturizing, etc. I'd trust toners I make more than the stuff in drug stores w/ all the chemicals and preservatives. I used to use Clinique but they have alcohol. Now I use Lush products and it's really great, very soothing.





I don't use toner any more, but I also exfoliate every day so don't feel like I need it to get any excess dirt out. I actually don't think toner does a whole lot, but in the summer, I love it b/c it's coolilng and feels like my skin gets an extra layer of moist cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment