Friday, December 25, 2009

What toner do I use to dye my hair darker?

I have about 2 inches of colored hair left on my strands. The rest is virgin hair (natural). I have dark brown as my natural and light brown as my colored hair. What can I do to die my colored hair the same color as my natural hair WITHOUT dying the natural? ThanksWhat toner do I use to dye my hair darker?
You don't use toner when dyeing hair darker, you use a filler. You may not need one, depending how light the dyed hair is, but if you do use one that has a neutral base.





As far as dyeing over the previous color...not sure I understood what you mean. Are you saying the very ends are the only part left that isn't your natural color?? If there's only 2 inches, just cut it off! Dyeing over it would be a waste of time and you won't have to worry about accidentally getting dye on the regrowth. Good luck!





Hmm, good point. In that case, I'd suggest getting a color stripper (Like ColorZap, you can get it at sally beauty supply) and applying it to the dyed part ONLY. It'll turn a weird orange/red color, so don't freak. Then dye over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment