Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can any one recommend a cleanser, toner and moisturizer for skin with eczema?

Hi has anyone with eczema found a beauty regime that doesnt irritate their skin? When my skin is sore,red and painful, I use hydrocautisone cream (which is prescribed by my GP) but the quality of my skin is very poor.





I know I really need to cleanse, tone and moisturize as well .


I would be grateful for any advice, or personal expierince on the subject thanks.Can any one recommend a cleanser, toner and moisturizer for skin with eczema?
I too use Cetaphyl cleanser and I found Aveeno moisterizer for Eczema, which is the best I've tried.Can any one recommend a cleanser, toner and moisturizer for skin with eczema?
I have eczema myself, and I use Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser. It's unscented and really really gentle which is perfect for my dry sensitive skin. It's not a foaming cleanser which is actually good - it won't dry your skin out. I skip out on the toner; it's not really necessary. As for a facial moisturizer, I use Cerave's Moisturizing Lotion and when my skin is drier, I use their heavier cream.
When I was 16 I could no longer use commercial moisturisers or cleanser/toner on my skin (due to allergies). From then, I wash my face with water only, no toner required (really - I honestly believe it is not necessary to use toner), and for moisturizer I use pure, unrefined shea butter. You use the shea butter by rubbing a small amount between your hands, and mixing it with a little bit of water. I've had no eczema or allergies since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment