Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I use a toner on my blonde hair?

I'm going to bleach my hair and the last time I did it, my hair had a yellow tint to it. I've been told to use a toner. Do I just put the toner on my hair, or is there a special techniqe to doing it?How do I use a toner on my blonde hair?
when you bleech your hair go to the beauty supply shop and buy this stuff called brass-out or yellow-out. It comes in a tiny bottle and it prevents your hair from turning brassy or that ugly yellow color that happens sometimes when you bleach your hair.





As far as toners go. You can just need to follow the directions. Nothing special to it. You just put it on and wait the alloted time and wash it out.





Good luck on the Hair!How do I use a toner on my blonde hair?
The hair takes the toner the best when you wash the lightener off when its at the level of lightness you want,but don`t put hardly ANY conditioner on it{so it will absorb a lot of toner,because it always faids} towel dry very well,when your hair is only about 25% wet,then start at the nape area[on your neck] and take small sections all the way to the top.Make sure you saturate your hair well and leave it on with a plastic cap for at least 25 min.{if your hair was yellowish make sure you use an ash base tonner for whatever level of blonde you want.
When using toner be very careful. Especially if you have blonde hair, you do not want to keep it in your hair for too long or your hair will literally turn grey. Just put the toner in your hair and check on it every minute, do a strand test to see what it is doing. When it gets to the color you like, wash it out right away. Hope that helped good luck.
You're blonde? Who typed in the question for you?
Don't bother with toner. Buy Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo! It's great stuff. The shampoo is purple, which cancels out the yellow. Plus a bottle will last forever making it highly economical, and you can do it in the shower.





Rinse out all the bleach with water first then use the Shimmer Lights. Get it at Sally Beauty Supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment