Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I apply toner to highlights without affecting the rest of the hair color?

I am doing highlights on someone who has (previous) all over color. Since I am using lightener (bleach) on her foils, they will most likely turn brassy/orange colors. Is there a way to tone just her highlights without toning down the rest of her hair color? Or should I just apply the toner all over?How do I apply toner to highlights without affecting the rest of the hair color?
yeah, your supose to but the toner all over. how dark is her hair and what level volume are you using with the bleach? Depending on what color you are aiming for with the bleach, you might want to go lighter that brassy almost blonde then put the toner all over for about 15 to 20 min. it wont really mess with the color. Color wont lift color!


How do I apply toner to highlights without affecting the rest of the hair color?
theres no real way of avoiding this....just try to put the toner only where the highlihts are. maybe ry purple shampoo/conditioner instead. it can really make a difference in brassy-ness but wont affect the rest of the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment