Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is a skin toner used for and at what age are you meant to start using one, can anyone reccomend a good 1?

I have bumpy skin and my pores are really visible I don't really use any makeup at all and I have a good diet with lots of water but my skin isn't great.What is a skin toner used for and at what age are you meant to start using one, can anyone reccomend a good 1?
Witch Hazel is a great skin toner. It's astringent and it smells nice and fresh. Also, it's cheap (you can get a big bottle from the chemist) , it's alcohol-free and unlikely to do any harm. I can't imagine there's any age limit on using it (see top link - says it's fine for teenage skin).What is a skin toner used for and at what age are you meant to start using one, can anyone reccomend a good 1?
toner needs to be alcohol free. and needs to be applied within 3 miins. of washing your face. toner is used to close your pores so that ';gunk'; ( for lack of a better term) doesn't clog your pores. I use Arbonne Re9 toner.it doesn't have alcohol in it. I would NOT suggest mary kay. be careful of what you put on your face. arbonne is botanically based, and has absolutly no animal by products and trust me you don't want to know how they get animal by products its gross. and is pH correct. the reason you want a toner without alcohol is because the alcohol will dry your skin out.
All of the extravagant stuff never worked for me. I found that about 8 or 9 years ago I started using nuetragena acne control face wash. My complextion was alway red and about a week after using it the redness was gone. My husband uses it and my oldest son uses it. My sister also uses it. Toners, I have found are very drying on the skin. Just my opinion.
I use loreal summat or other. It's orange, if that helps.


you dont really use it as a toner just use it as a cream or something. It really evens out your complexion so you dont even have to wear make up, it also smooths it out and your face feels dead dead dead nice all day :D
Toner removes excess cleanser and closes pores. My favourite is Lush- Tea Tree Toner. As you don't use make up your skin maybe oily, you should cleanse it morning and night to avoid getting bumps


hope ive helped


x
mary kay is a great brand haha

No comments:

Post a Comment