Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I mix hair toner with 40 Vol Developer?

Clairol Creme Toner calls for mixing with 20 Volume developer, but I only have 40 Volume. How much of a difference will it make? I'm planning on toning bleached hair to a pale yellow blonde.Can I mix hair toner with 40 Vol Developer?
Ouch! 40 Volume is really strong, so avoid applying to the base of your head and scalp! Avoid chemical burns this way. I would suggest research if you really need it.





20 vol is 6% peroxide and 40 vol is 12% peroxide. I would use half of the called amount for the 20 vol and add a half conditioner. I've never tried this though, so perhaps it's just easier to go out and buy 20 vol?Can I mix hair toner with 40 Vol Developer?
it would be best for you to go buy the right developer. Toners are usuallly used after bleaching. If you have recently colored or lightened your hair, i wouldnt put 40 on it. It will make it very dry and brittle. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment